Wednesday, January 7, 2009

When Life Hands You Lemons

I feel like I have lots of lemons right now. As of this morning, I no longer work at the hospital here in town where I had worked for 8 years. Due to financial problems, they are laying off some of their employees and I just happen to be one of them.

To say I am shocked would be very accurate. I have had some time to get use to the idea so it is a little better now. But I am hurt more than anything. Hurt that someone like me, a loyal employee who could work anywhere in the hospital and would come in at a moment's notice, would be let go, has been so painful.

I know that everything happens for a reason. I have decided to just hang loose for now. Enjoy being a mom and figure out what my options are. I'm not sure what will happen. We will have a new hospital opening here in town in about six months.

I'll let you know what happens. Until then, know that we will all be OK with this.

Love,
Jacquie

No comments: