Saturday, January 24, 2009

Just enjoying Saturday

It seems like forever since I updated!! I've been having fun!!

I went to San Antonio last Friday to see my cousin and her family. My 2nd cousin, Sarah, has a new baby (who is now almost 5 months old) who I wanted to see along with the rest of the family. The weather was WONDERFUL!!! When I left Kansas City on Friday, it was 13 degrees. The next day in San Antonio it was 75!! It was great. The wind blew but nothing like we have here. We had fun going to Hailee's basketball game. Watching 8 year old girls play basketball for the first time is a good way to relieve stress. I flew back to Kansas City on Wednesday and drove back to GB on Thursday. I already miss the weather as it's a whopping 20 degrees here today. The problem with San Antonio is being there in the summer. I just can't stand the humidity that goes along with the heat.

The girls are fine. Malia had a swim meet in Wichita today.Girls' swimming hasn't started yet but she's enjoying managing the boys' team. I guess I should say until yesterday. The guys have a tendency to throw the managers in the pool about every other week. She had asked them not to yesterday and they did anyway. Problem was that her cell phone was in her pocket. She and Doug tried to get it dried out to no avail. They went down to the Alltel store and got her another one. Jessica had her last basketball game today. I will sign her up for indoor soccer on Monday but I don't think they start until the middle or end of February.

Grandma has had some problems with dizzyness and "swimmy head". I finally took her to the Emergency Room on Thursday afternoon. They gave her some medicine and it got much better. We are getting geared up for her 90th birthday in June. We are planning on a celebration on June 14 so mark your calendars.

I am not working at this point. I will start working at the Surgery Center probably next week but only as needed. I have severance pay until the middle of March. It's that time between the middle of March and the first of July when the new hospital opens that makes me nervous not having a full time job. I'm hoping they need me more by that point. I interviewed at Wesley in Wichita yesterday for their Birthrooms. It would be lots of fun. I would hate to drive that all the time but I could do it on a short term basis. Otherwise, I'm enjoying my time off but need to get a schedule figured out so I can get some of my chores done here that I never have time to do.

Our good friend Glenna is dealing with her father's health failing. They put him in Hospice last week and he's deteriorating quickly. Please keep them in your prayers.

I guess that's all for now. Malia just called and is almost home so I guess someone better go pick her up.

Take care and we'll talk to you soon!!!!

Jacquie

No comments: