Sunday, November 30, 2008

Busy week end

We had a great Thanksgiving day and week end. I guess I should say everyone here at the house had a good Thanksgiving. I spent Thanksgiving caring for seven moms who were very thankful for their seven babies. Karla and Joyce (MIL) fixed dinner here at my house. We did it that way so my Grandma could come over. All of the food was good but my favorite was the homemade pecan pie. I can't figure out why we only have those at holiday time. I could eat it anytime!! A big thanks to everyone for changing their plans and coming here. I know Grandma enjoyed her day.

Of course, Friday morning brought us out shopping by 4:30 am. I don't know why I think this is fun but it is. I'm not sure how we did it before cell phones, though. Our Wal Mart is open 24 hours/day so we were there in plenty of time for the sales to start at 5. It's always the same as each one of us (Karla, Joyce, Sheri (SIL) and I) all get a cart. We split up and everyone heads to their assigned area. By the time we meet again, two of us have ditched our carts and we just put it all in one. We then ate breakfast and headed to JC Penney and Walgreens. Someday I'm going to be out of town again so I can hit places like Kohl's, Sears, anything but Wal Mart!! I made peanut brittle Friday afternoon which I loaded up and sent home with Patti for Dennis, Chris and Truman. We also made arrangements for the cemetary for Christmas. We enjoyed a scrumptious steak dinner Friday night with Patti and just enjoyed visiting. It was an early night as our early morning shopping caught up with us.

Saturday was busy again. I made a wreath for Karla's front door. We went out to see Grandma and cleaned her apartment. It's amazing how much junk an 89 year old woman can accumulate in one tiny apartment! It's also amazing how she "needs" every piece of paper you touch!! But we did get her Christmas tree set up. We also had our Holiday Parade downtown. Jessica walked with the Girl Scouts. It was a pretty decent evening weather wise. We had dinner with Steve and Glenna and got to see JoAnn for a little bit.

Went to church this morning. Doc, Lori and JB came for lunch. Karla and Suresh left around 1:30 along with Isis, the dog. They had a very windy trip home but made it fine. I have just messed around the rest of the day putting stuff away, trying to get some landry done. Now I"m tired and I know I work tomorrow and Tuesday. Not sure if we're busy or not. Guess I'll find out in a few hours.

I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. We all have so much to be thankful.

Love,
Uacquie

No comments: